August 29, 2011

Having a Ball!!!

OK- I must admit, I'm quite obsessed with these little yellow balls of wonderment- they are called "Billy Balls" or Craspedia.  We used them for my sister's wedding last weekend, as they added a sweet a sense of fun and artistic flavor.
Now that the wedding is over, I asked for a large bundle- as I just can't get enough of these fun yellow creatures, and hated to see them thrown out.


Tonight, I took every vase I could find in the house and filled them- now it's craspedia city around here, but I don't care....without water, they have a very long life- I have some older ones that still look great, and they are at least 2 years old.

First, I filled my favorite vase of all- a handmade, wood-fired, stoneware vase by my awesome friend, David East.  Every important occasion in our life seems to get a bouquet in this vase- so why stop now?!?!  Painting in the background is a fave of mine by Jennifer Mercede from Portland, OR.

Then my friend Susan Arruda's 2 beautiful vases- porcelain, wood-fired goodness!  I miss Susan so much- we were 2am studio pals way back when- what a talent.


and then Diana Fayt's cool hand carved vase- wishing now it was one of her blue or green ones, to contrast the yellow, but I cannot complain- I love this piece.  


















Lastly- some vintage Pyrex beakers- I found them a couple of years ago, just before they were being tossed out by an old science classroom- what a find!!!

SO, next time you are looking for a fun addition and pop of yellow color in a whimsical arrangement or bouquet- give the "Billy Ball" a try.  Dear Craspedia- you rock!!!        And you are quite photogenic, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment